To heal is to restore or bring back to normal what has gone wrong. When Jesus came to the man who was laying by the pool of Bethesda with infirmity of 38 years, he was released from the infirmity because he came in contact with the grace (John 5:2-9). Spiritually, Bethesda represents the house of God; it has five porches which symbolically means grace (5 being the number of grace). So, the house of God is the place of healing where the people receive their healing touch by grace and they go home complete (made whole). It is also written that many impotent folks lay at the pool without healing yet because of some reasons as displayed by the man in verse 7; he was still complaining of having nobody to put him in the pool ahead of others, even when Christ (his Messiah) was standing before him. This means that the house of God can also be a place where some people don’t receive anything because they lack faith (James 1:6-7).
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF SICKNESS
Sickness is not just a physical dilemma, there is always an evil spirit involved. These are the reasons why people are sick:
- The curses from the bowl of God’s wrath: As wickedness is increasing in the earth, the angels of God pour the bowl of His wrath into the earth (Revelation 16:1-2). The contents of this bowl manifest in our world when men of darkness receive unholy inspiration to research and produce terrible viruses/chemicals which they unleash into the environment to afflict the people, all aimed at the material gain from selling the vaccines.
- Demonic oppression: Some spirits of infirmity (spiritual wickedness in high places) take pleasure in making sure that people are under their bondage (Matthew 15:22). This could be because of curse on the family bloodline, faulty family foundation, evil cycles/patterns or inherited (hereditary) diseases, living under evil government. These spirits hang around to make sure the people always get their fair share of the sickness, until the yoke is broken.
- When we break the laws of God: Grace is not a license to sin; it is the enablement given to us to keep the law of God; and whenever any law is broken, a serpent bites us (Ecclesiastes 4:8). But by the grace of God, we receive healing and stand up from the fall. The hedge are the rules and regulations of life as stipulated by God and so every area of our lives has a way God wants us to live it (which is the true foundation) – our finances, career, family, marriage, relationships, spiritual life, etc – but when we refuse the leading and tend to invent our own ways, the hedge is broken, and we suffer. There are many monsters in the earth who want to destroy man, but it is by the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed.
- Activities of evil men: Evil men do terrible things to put people under the bondage of sickness (Matthew 13:25). By their sorcery and enchantments, they attack people in their dreams and force concocted evil ‘food’ into their mouths. These are not really food per say but are projections of disease which appear to the dreamer as food, and once it’s eaten, it manifests as physical sickness except something is quickly done. Some diseases are transferred by these evil men through sex in the dream.
- Prayerlessness: It is the spirit that quickens the body, the flesh profits nothing, and so prayerlessness disconnects us from the source of our sustenance which is God, and we become vulnerable to the arrows of sickness. It is God that sustains our lives and prayer connects us to Him for our daily sustenance, and therefore constant prayer is a good way of life (Luke 18:1).
- The confessions of our mouth: Our belief is formed by what we confess through the mouth, because as we speak, it enters our spirit. And when we keep cursing and abusing ourselves with hurtful words, it takes flesh and manifests (Matthew 12:36 – the day of judgement is the day when the careless words we spoke comes back to us). We should always confess positively. See Matthew 15:11.
- Misuse of our bodies: Our bodies should be taken care of and not to be abused with any harmful substances. It is the temple of God and we are not the owners but stewards; for we shall all give account of what we did in our bodies (2nd Corinthians 5:10). Good food/rest/exercise should be part of our daily life so that this body can be well taken care of, and always be in good shape for God’s work. A sick man may not be able to evangelise effectively.
Our healing comes from above because Christ died and destroyed the curse of the law of sin and death (Galatians 3:13-14). There are two laws: the law of sin and death (law of judgement) and the law of the spirit of life by Christ Jesus (the law of grace). But we are subject to the law of grace and not judgement (Romans 8:1-2). This makes us above the law of judgement, and the word of God residing in us quickens our mortal bodies as it quickened Christ from the grave (Romans 8:11). Thus, we receive healing.
If you are sick in any way and in need of healing, do this:
- Repent of all the deeds of the flesh and ask for God’s forgiveness and mercy (don’t count on your good works). Use Psalm 51.
- Make a confession of faith and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour.
- Speak those scriptures concerning healing and claim them for yourself (example: Isaiah 53:5, Isaiah 41:10, James 5:14, Matthew 11:28, Exodus 23:25, etc. Actually pray with them and believe they are God’s words and so are quick and powerful. Keep speaking the scriptures and let them sink into your spirit, and take flesh in you. It is the spirit of the word that quickens you unto healing.
- You can meet your church minster to join you in prayers too, and possibly anoint you for healing impartation like the apostles did (Mark 6:13).
- Avoid anything you’ve been doing listed among the causes of sickness.
- I can also join you in prayers if you want.
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. God bless you!