Hosea 4:6 – My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
We have several key gates of time and seasons. The main gate of time, where we begin to count the times of the day is the Prime (Greenwich) Meridian which is also referred to as longitude 0. This is the portal that determines what time the day begins and it is at 0. The day begins at midnight and midnight is first measured from this portal. This was determined by the scientists in the days of the Roman Empire. From that portal, the longitudes have a 3 hour distance between them therefore the longitude that passes thru east Africa i.e. Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania is about 3 hours from longitude 0.
The main gate of the season is the latitude 0 or the equator which also passes through Kenya and Uganda and Congo. This is the most significant gate of the seasons. The gates of the 4 seasons (summer, winter, spring & autumn) are determined by the position of the sun in relation to the equator.
1. When the sun is directly overhead the equator on 21st March that is the beginning of spring season in the northern hemisphere and is also the vernal equinox but beginning of winter in the southern hemisphere. It is called a gate of the season of spring and spiritually this is a very significant time of intense spiritual activity. People who are active in the kingdom of darkness know these times and seasons and so perform their highest activities during these times and seasons.
2. Then when the sun is overhead the tropic of cancer on 21st June. It is called the summer solstice or high summer in the northern hemisphere, but it is high winter in southern hemisphere.
3. When it crosses again the equator and is going to the south in 21st September that is the gate of fall/winter season or the autumnal equinox.
4. When it is overhead the tropic of Capricorn, this is also a very strategic time and it is the winter solstice on 21st December. These are very strategic times for intense spiritual warfare and intercession.
During these seasons of occurrences like the eclipses, new moon and full moons, and other astronomically significant times, there is need for very strong intercession. However, many Christians are very ignorant of these facts and think that only the Satanists and people in kingdom of darkness like witches and occult people should tamper with issues of the sun, moon and stars which is in the satanic science of astrology. Christians should NEVER meddle with this false science. However, God has given the proper study of the heavenly bodies called Astronomy which is a legal and biblically proper science of the study of the heavenly bodies and how they function etc. As a Christian you ought to release yourself from any theological prison and ask the Holy Spirit to give you guidance on how to understand and deal with the heavenlies biblically like Daniel. The book Job and portions of Psalms are full of references to times, seasons and the things in our galaxy (see Job 38:31-35, Psalm 136:7-9, Isaiah 40:26, Psalm 147:4-5, Job 9:7-9, Amos 5:8, Matthew 2:9-10, etc.).
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO PRAY AT THE GATES OF TIME AND SEASONS?
1. It is possible for people to run away from calendars and change their calendars. For example the Moslems have their own calendar, the Chinese have their own, the Ethiopians have their own calendar and the Jewish people have their own calendar, but no one can change the season and no one can change the time. Everyone is going according to the time and season.
2. The times and seasons are ports of entry and exit and we need to possess these gates which hell has a hold of, so that the church and kingdom of God may prevail. Gates must be possessed first before the kingdom can prevail (see Matthew 16:19).
3. Those in charge of the gates are able to change environments, and so if we remain ignorant of what goes in behind the scenes at these important times, we can never be in charge.
4. If you are able to possess the gates of a place, you should be able to change the current environment and the spiritual equation over the place.
5. If you are able to possess the gates, you are able to dictate what happens in the place and monitor what goes in and comes out of that gate.
6. If you are able to possess the gates, you will be able to change the law and rulings over the place; enforcing the laws of God and casting down any high thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
7. If you are able to possess the gates, you are able to change the environmental patterns of events that occur there.
WHY SHOULD WE OBSERVE PRAYER AT THESE TIMES AND SEASONS?
The Bible so clearly says in Colossians 2:16 – let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink or in respect of a holy day or the new moon or of the Sabbath day.
· First, we need to understand that the pattern of activity in the spiritual realm does not change, it goes on and affects the earth whether we are aware of it or not and whether we believe in it or not. Only our knowledge and dealings with the spiritual realm is what changes the dynamics. Lack of knowledge is why we are in bondage (see Hosea 4:6).
· In Colossians 2:17, we are told that these observances are a shadow of things to come. In the Old Testament, the people made observances of times and seasons and gathered properly and had rituals; we know that the Old Testament is a shadow of what we have in the New Testament. Therefore, at such times, there is heightened activity in the dark realm and so it should be a time of heightened intercession and prophetic action in the kingdom of God because ignorance is not an excuse.
WHY ARE WE SO STRATEGICALLY PLACED TO PRAY FOR THE TIMES AND SEASONS WITH AUTHORITY?
· God chose us to be in the very gateway of these. Uganda and Kenya lie along the equator which happens to be the gate of time and seasons, and as a people who belong to these lands, we can proclaim a new season in the heavenly realm and along all the lay lines of the earth. Africa is the only continent of the earth where all the major lay lines pass through i.e. the Prime Meridian or Longitude Zero, the Equator or Latitude Zero and the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. As Africans we have the legal right to declare the ushering in of new times and seasons throughout the world.
· East Africans are strategically positioned in the continent; they are at the cradle of the River Nile. The River Nile has been a major place of spiritual activity in the dark realm since the times of the ancient Egyptian dynasties, and we can break the spirit of Egypt from its very source which is the Lake Victoria. If these waters are cleansed spiritually, Africa’s burden would be lifted.
IS THERE A PATTERN FOR PRAYING AT THE WATCHES? YES
In Genesis 1 we see a pattern of how the day is considered after each step of creation …and evening and morning were first day… and evening and morning were second day, and evening and morning were ….. etc. So, a day is counted starting from the evening to the morning; and so as far as a day is concerned, the evening comes first before the morning.
WHY THAT ORDER?
Whatever happens during the day is determined to a large extent to what is done during the night. The evening is the foundation of the night and the beginning of the watches i.e. 6 pm – 9 pm. According to the people in kingdom of darkness, they begin their active witchcraft activities at midnight. If we begin to make strategic prayers at the foundation of the day which is 6pm, then we are six hours ahead of any witches, enchanters, magicians and diviners and we can set the agenda of how activities will take place.
If you want to heal the river, according to 2nd Kings 2:21-22 when Elisha had to heal the waters of the River in Jericho, he had to go to the source, to the spring to pour in salt and healed the entire river. If we want to heal the disease of the nations, we should not be going to the middle of the stream to fight the devil, let us go to the source, the beginning – at the first watch according to the pattern.
PRAYER DIRECTION AT THE WATCHES
The following is a sample prayer direction for praying at watches. Every time you come in prayer, God will give you different direction and unction and scripture to pray through. There is no permanent pattern. However one important thing to note is that you should focus more on praying scripture into that gate, let the scripture the foundation of the prayer direction. Pull it out of the scriptures and fire it at the gates. You do not have to make long prayers.
GENERAL PRAYERS TO BE PRAYED BEFORE THE PRAYER POINT FOR THE WATCH.
Pray for say 20 – 30 minutes over the gate of time i.e. starting at least 10-15 minutes before the hour and then 10 -15 minutes after the hour.
1. Worship and praise God – read aloud and proclaim Psalm 148 commanding everything in creation to praise God in your life, work, family, your community and nation.
2. Bring personal repentance – on behalf of family, your ministry, workplace, nation, etc. Use Psalms 51, Daniel 9:3-19 and 1st John 1:5-10 and such like scriptures.
3. Make declarations – declare that everything about this season e.g. of summer, the fruitfulness, beauty, joy of life, happiness of this season, and the peace of God in the season will reflect in your life, family, work, ministry and nation. Pray prophetically that there will be a time of refreshing coming upon you in this season in your work, family ministry and nation. Prophetically proclaim the times of refreshing coming into the areas of:
• the Government and policy making
• Media and entertainment including print, electronic.
• Drama and theatre, holiday and leisure activities.
• The priesthood of God.
• Stewardship and finances.
• Welfare and justice.
• The belief system and mindset of the people toward God and His Word.
4. Pray for protection – Use Psalm 91 for protection and cover yourself and your family, ministry, work, property your nation with the blood of Jesus Christ.
Click Here for the variouse watches of prayer.