Jesus is the Christ, the word of God (made flesh), the son of God and the light of God. He is the body of God and gave his life for our salvation. After the ascension into heaven, he shall still come again in glory to rapture the saints (Act 1:11, Matthew 24:40-42), but there are certain events which must come to pass before. There are 11 events that must needs come to pass before the second coming of the Lord (the rapture).
- Wars and rumours of wars: This has been happening and as the time goes on there shall be an increase in wars and confrontations between nations (Matthew 24:3-7). The Lord called it ‘the beginning of sorrows’.
- The gospel must be preached in all the corners of the earth; every ear must hear the gospel (Matthew 24:14).
- There will be false ‘christs’, persecution and death of the saints, false prophets/fake churches, betrayals, grave iniquity and faithlessness even in the house of God (Matthew 24:9-13). The love of many shall wax cold means that many people shall only love to hear what is pleasant to the ears and not the truth about their God (1st Timothy 4:1-3).
- The 144,000 first-fruit of God must be completed (Revelation 7:3-8). By revelation knowledge, the current number of these servants of God is 126,000 and the major criteria for inclusion in this number is to win 10,000 souls for the kingdom of God (this revelation was given by the Holy Spirit and therefore can be easily confirmed, for the Spirit is one).
- The son of perdition must be revealed (2nd Thessalonians 2:2-4). He shall be a man of God sitting as God and demanding worship from men or claiming that he is an incarnate of God.
- The last world power must come to the world stage (Revelation 17:9-14). These are the ones that shall make war with the Lamb upon his return. This event is very scary because there usually is no change of power without a military confrontation, and as it stands the current world scene, except the Lord intervenes, the WWIII seems to be looming.
- The anti-Christ must be revealed. He is the man that shall sit in Jerusalem and proclaim that Christ is not God or that there is no Christ at all (1st John 2:22-23, 1st John 4:3).
- Elijah must come back to prepare the way. Elijah is the office of the fore-runner who must go ahead to prepare the way for the appearance of the Master. John the Baptist occupied that office and did the work to prepare the way for the first coming (Matthew 17:9-13). In the same way, another Elijah shall come to prepare the way for the second coming as the fore-runner to the great and dreadful day of the Lord (Malachi 3:1-3; 4:5-6).
- The world dictator will be revealed on the world scene (Daniel 8:23-25). He shall be the political head of the One World Government to be formed by the New World Order. The world dictator, the son of perdition and the antichrist are three different persons.
- The saints of God will take over the earth and dominion shall be given unto them. In so doing, the Lord shall beautify his bride, which is the Body of Christ before the rapture (Daniel 7:26-27). Currently, the church (the body of Christ) is under the siege of evil. The church is currently like a prisoner, a fatherless child, a prostitute, and blind.
- The archangel shall sound their trumpets (1st Thessalonians 4:16).
From all of the above, you can easily decipher which of the events have already manifested and how many are yet to come. But we know that the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night, and so we have to be prepared for the day the day of visitation is at hand.